Pothos Leaves Turning Yellow – Reasons and How To Fix Them!
Hey folks! Welcome back!
I hope you are doing great in your gardening field. Have you ever noticed why my Pothos Leaves turn Yellow? If yes, then you are at the right place. In my gardening field, I faced the issue of Pothos leaves turning yellow which made me worried. But then I came up with some ideas to cover it up which I will share in this guide.
- There are various reasons behind it on which you will focus before the pothos get destroyed.
- Either you can preserve it or maintain its growth before or in between
- Some of the reasons behind the pothos leaves turning yellow are disease, improper sunlight, temperature stress, and many more explained below.
Hope this content will help you get out of your situation. When it fully gets demolished, there is a solution for that, so you only have to overcome it for the first time. Let’s dive into it. Firstly try to overcome it by yourself with the support of this information then you can take the suggestions of others too.
What is Pothos?
Briefing on its pothos is described as an evergreen plant with thick and waxy virtue. Its leaves rise in a heart-shaped image with thin layers of yellow color on the leaves. Scientifically it is named Epipremnum Aureum.
You may utilize it as a climbing plant as its stems grow more and cover a wide area. It can work both in indoor and outdoor locales. When the pothos are kept outside they will reach heights and need support at that time so that their growth cannot stop.
Types of Pothos plant:
It includes so many varieties and you can easily keep it in any container or pot.
- Marble queen pothos
- Neon pothos
- Dragon tail
- Golden pothos plant
The above-mentioned plants can easily grow inside the house and enhance the beauty of your house. It is good to locate natural evergreen plants inside the rooms which always makes you feel fresh.
“Gardening adds years to your life and, life to your years“– By Sandiaseed
What are the reasons behind pothos leaves turning yellow?
It involves several purposes due to which pothos turn yellow. Turning leaves yellow makes you indicate that now you need to focus on them more and care for them every time with a proper maintenance routine.
1. Improper sunlight
The first reason for which it turns yellow may be due to the direct sunlight or too much sunshine falling on it as it requires a very less amount of sun rays.
2. Inadequate water supply
The second reason would be not giving proper water daily or giving it in excess than needed, so you have to take care of it, regardless of how much water to be given.
Everything requires proper treatment. The suggestion here is to water the pothos when the soil gets dry.
3. Temperature issues
The third reason would be because of temperature. As it requires normal temperature, not too much hot nor excess cold. It will grow effectively in moderate temperatures.
4. Yellow-colored leaves
You have identified whether it is turning yellow due to the above-mentioned reasons or the new leaves are ready to take birth, as when old leaves are about to leave the plant then also it turns yellow and new leaves are born.
5. Improper fertilizer supply
The fourth reason may be because of not fertilizing it properly and not properly placing the plant at first.
It may be due to some plant diseases like bacterial leaf spots when it looks like small holes or become smooth and the pest’s disease because of small insects.
7. Aging Leaves
Another reason behind the yellow-colored leaves in the plant is because of the aging of the leaves. Sometimes leaves that are old become yellow in color which will die with time because of the time period of their age.
This issue cannot be solved because the end stage of the plant has come, so you can grow new plants in the garden to enjoy its benefits. If there is still new foliage in the plant, then you can make use of houseplant fertilizer that is diluted so that you provide nutrients in the soil.
How to fix the yellow pothos leaves?
The various methods or solutions regarding how to fix the pothos issue of turning yellow will be as below:
- Water suitably doesn’t do anything in excess it will spoil the growth.
- Make sure not to be kept in direct sunshine, which may harm the leaves.
- The temperature should be moderate as because of excessive cold or heat it also gets damaged.
- Having drainage holes should be checked before planting the plant.
- Should understand the indication of whether it is because of old age or other issues.
- To retain a prosperous plant and fresh formal development peel it back 2 inches from the mud line.
- Proper light should be there and the required amount of nutrients are getting. If you locate it in your room on the darker side, change the location of your plant. Keep it close to your window.
The plant only looks good when it is fresh, full of greenery, not the brown hard leaves, healthy, and makes you feel happy. Hope you will agree with this statement.
How to Care for Pothos in Your Garden?
It is important to care for your plant so that you receive healthy results from it. The same is the case with pothos. Sometimes the plant suffers from yellowness in the leaves that is caused by various issues.
So it is your duty to wholeheartedly maintain the growth of your plant so that you enjoy its Overwhelming benefits. They are as follows:
- This plant requires a good amount of sunlight for its growth.
- It grows naturally with bright indirect sunlight.
- Provide this plant with eight hours of sunlight in a day so that it shows you efficient results.
- If you have placed them indoors, then you can make use of artificial lighting for your plant.
- Pothos requires water for about one time in a week when the top inches of the soil become dry.
- You have to keep in mind not to over water, the plant as it affects the growth of the plant.
- It will thrive well in the moist soil that is not waterlogged.
- You can check the moisture of the soil for watering the plant and if it feels dry then you can water the plant.
- It will thrive well in the slightly acidic soil for its growth.
- The ideal pH level for this plant lies between 6.0 to 6.5.
- It is a drought-tolerant plant, but will not tolerate the wet roots in the plant.
- You have to choose a Well-drained potting mix for your plant.
Humidity and temperature needs
- The humidity requirements of this plant lies between 50 to 70%.
- This plant loves high-level of humidity for its growth.
- You can make use of a humidifier to increase the level of humidity in the plant.
- The temperature requirement of this plant lies between 70 to 90° Fahrenheit.
- Make sure that the temperature should not go below 55°F.
In this guide, you come to know that There are various reasons behind it on which you will focus before the pothos get destroyed. Either you can preserve it or maintain its growth before or in between. When it fully gets demolished, there is a solution for that, so you only have to overcome it for the first time.
Keep in mind that the pot in which it is kept should hole below it so that water gets passed away and air should cross from it. If the process of drainage is not working conveniently then add some mixture of sand or coco coir to the soil. Read the guide fully to understand it.
Thanks for reading! Happy Gardening!
1. Can Pothos turn green again?
Yes, the pothos can turn green again after becoming brown or yellow.
2. Why is my pothos plant dying?
3. What does Pothos look like when they are healthy?
The pothos plant will seem 10 feet long when it is healthy. The leaves of this plant seem to be brown or easy.