How to Grow & Care for Philodendron Pedatum ‘Florida Ghost’ (2023)
Are you considering growing a little houseplant in your indoor garden? As a beginner, it would be great to keep this plant in your home garden as it is a low-maintenance and fast-growing plant.
So, What are you waiting for? Philodendron Pedatum will grow not only as a friendly plant but also as an attractive one. It produces unique leaves that attract you with its green color.
Wait! There is more to know about the Philodendron Pedatum. So, let’s proceed to gain some more information regarding Philodendron Pedatum ‘Florida Ghost’.
|Philodendron Florida Ghost
|Bright indirect sunlight
|Water if the top 1 to 2 inches of soil are dry
|As needed to remove dead leaves
|2-5 feet as houseplant
|Rarely blooms indoors
How to grow Philodendron Pedatum ‘Florida Ghost’?
Though there are various methods of propagating the plant but one of the successful methods is through stem cuttings. Even in my previous articles, I have described the process of growing plants with the help of stem cuttings. So, let’s know how to grow Philodendron Pedatum by using stem cutting:
Step 1- Firstly, you have to keep the collection with you which includes sterilized scissors, stem from the mother plant.
Step 2- Now you have to fill up the pot with vermiculite and mist it with some water for moisture.
Step 3- Put the potting mix in the container and keep the stem in it but avoid touching it with the ground level.
Step 4- Try to keep your plant in a bright room that does not let the full sun come in.
Step 5- Then you will observe roots on the stem after 2 weeks. Consistently water it for about one month.
Step 6– After five weeks you can transplant the plant in a new container with more space than the previous one.
How to care for Philodendron Pedatum ‘Florida Ghost’?
Have you ever thought about why your plants get ruined? Folks, it is so because they do not get sufficient care and maintenance. Some of the plants need less light while some need more sunlight, this sometimes confuses the gardener but no worries as we are here for your sake of you.
Let’s get started to know the best caring tips for Philodendron Pedatum as feeding them with a good amount of nutrients will fulfill your expectations. Below are the tips:
- Humidity and Temperature
Let’s know about them in detail:
- Water is needed by every plant to thrive well and sma is the case with Philodendron Pedatum. They need the water at a moderate level.
- Water them when the soil becomes dry to nourish them. Make a schedule to water your plants.
- In the time of summer, you have to water your plants 3 times a week whereas in the winter, reduce the water frequency to one time a week.
- Make sure that there is no standing water in the plant as it will cause root rot in the plant and you will observe the droopy levels in the plant.
- FrFirstyou have to check the soil moisture by inserting a finger inside the soil and if it feels dry, then you have to water your plants.
- Philodendron Pedatum prefers bright indirect sunlight. They are known best because of their sunlight requirements.
- When you place the plant near a window, it will grow well but make sure that it does not get direct sunlight.
- Make sure not to expose your plant to the full sun as the leaves get scorched. Also, you can filter the sunlight with the help of a cloth.
- When you make use of artificial lights, then you have to see that the plants should receive sunlight for about 12 hours.
- Last but not least, you have to keep rotating the plant so that it receives plenty of sunlight in all sections to grow well.
Humidity and temperature needs
- Philodendron Pedatum likes to be in humid places that have a humidity level of around 60-70%.
- Though it is less possible to create this humidity level in your home garden you can do so by placing a tray of pebbles with water under the pot. It will help the plant to receive a good level of humidity.
- The best temperature range of these plants is between 65-95° F. Make sure to provide them with this temperature.
- Also, you can place your plants on the balcony so that they can get the hot weather there for their growth.
- Do not let the plant receive a temperature that is below 50 degrees Fahrenheit as it will harm the plant’s growth.
- What about the soil needs of the Philodendron Pedatum? The best pH level for these plants is 6.1 to 6.5 which is mildly acidic.
- Also, mixing materials like peat moss or sphagnum moss, perlite, etc to make it more organic will enhance the growth of the plant.
- Make use of only sphagnum moss for your plant as it does not need any other material to be added to it for the plant’s growth.
- These plants tend to thrive well in the well-drained soil. It is so that the excess water in the soil gets drained.
- Philodendron Pedatum tends to grow in fertilizer that has a high percentage of nitrogen.
- These plants will show you the desired results if you feed them with a fertilizer ratio of 11-3-8.
- It is recommended to choose liquid fertilizer or granular fertilizer and needs to be diluted too.
- During springtime, fertilize your plants and also do not let the soil wet as it will harm the plant growth and an excess supply of fertilizer will affect the plant.
Potting & Repotting needs
- Another need of Philodendron Pedatum plants is the potting and repotting needs. This plant likes to be repotted after every three years.
- You need to repot the plant when you see that the roots are coming out from the drainage holes as it is grown in excess.
- Being a slow-growing plant, it does not demand much when it comes to repotting these plants.
- When you choose a new pot for your plant, then you have to use fresh soil in the plant with a good amount of drainage holes.
- Philodendron Pedatum needs to be pruned when you will observe the roots coming out from the drainage holes.
- So, pruning helps the plant to remove all the affected and decaying leaves so that the plant grows well.
- Make use of sterilized scissors so that the plant does not get infected.
- Trim off your plant so that it receives a good shape and looks more attractive to everyone.
Wrapping up the context
I hope you are clear with the guide to Grow & Care for Philodendron Pedatum. It is one of the evergreen plants that is everyone’s favorite choice. Also, I too grew this plant and I am happy with the results of the Philodendron Pedatum.
So, it is recommended to add this to your collection of plants to enjoy its benefits. For any queries related to the growing and care of the Philodendron Pedatum, scroll down the whole guide.
Thanks for reading! Happy gardening!