How to Grow & Care for Philodendron Mamei ‘Silver Cloud’ (2024)
Are you thinking of growing philodendron varieties in your home yard? Guys, as w have added a lot of it, let’s add more magic to our indoor garden by growing Philodendron Mamei ‘Silver Cloud’.
Being a plant that does not ask for high maintenance, provides you with its heart-structured leaves that attract everyone. Also, it produces silvery vegetation. It belongs to the Araceae family which is found in the Ecuador rainforests.
Philodendron Mamei, also Silver Cloud prefers to grow in the locations where they receive a good amount of sunlight, humidity, temperature, water, and many more. Let’s know more about them.
|Silver Cloud, Blotched philodendron
|Bright indirect sunlight
|Rich, quick-draining, high in organic matter (OM)
|Weekly, water if the top half of the soil is dry
|Toxic to humans and pets
|Can grow up to 3.4 feet
What is Philodendron Mamei ‘Silver Cloud’?
Philodendron Mamei ‘Silver Cloud’ is one of the plants that belong to the philodendron family.
Being a plant that tends to climb on the ground because of its natural habit, it cherishes you with its hear structured leaves that simply attract everyone’s attention towards them.
This plant is also related to this other cousin that also falls under the Araceae family.
How to grow Philodendron Mamei ‘Silver Cloud’?
Philodendron Mamei ‘Silver Cloud’ is an easy-growing plant that does not ask for much effort. All you need is to follow the appropriate steps. So, for that, we are here. We will grow this plant Through stem cuttings:
Step 1– First, you have to collect your material like scissors, containers, water, old plant, etc.
Step 2- Take a stem from the mother plant including 2-3 leaves on it.
Step 3– Additionally, you can dip the cuttings in the water and add some fertilizer to it.
Step 4- Then, after observing its growth at 2 inches, it’s time to plant it.
Step 5– Take a good container and add well-drained soil to it and add sprouts to it.
Step 6- Do not cover them wholly, place them in a warm place to grow well.
Step 7– East-facing window would be good for them and when they grow more, then you can put them in bright but indirect sunlight.
How to care for Philodendron Mamei ‘Silver Cloud’?
Guys, it is important to take care of your plant. So, let’s know about some of the caring tips of Philodendron Mamei:
- Humidity and temperature
Let’s throw some light on all the caring tips of Philodendron Mamei ‘Silver Cloud’ in detail:
- Like other indoor plants, Philodendron Mamei also likes to be in bright indirect sunlight so that it grows at its full capacity.
- Providing them with morning sunshine will be best for these plants so do not place your plant indoors only.
- It is easier when you place them indoors, by letting them sit near the east-facing window as these plants are the east-facing window plants who likes to receive a good amount of sunlight from there.
- Last but not least, you have to keep rotating your plant so that the plant receives sunlight at equal parts to grow.
- Also, full sun can farm your plants, so make sure not to expose your plants to it.
- It is a rule of thumb like we do with other plants when it comes to water is to water them once time in a week.
- It is so because the plant does not like to be waterlogged so, giving them water after a few days when the soil is completely dry, then it will be good.
- If you have chosen a container that has a good amount of drainage holes then you are going great as the excess water will be drained out.
- It is suggested to reduce the water frequency at the time of winter season.
- It can not lose your plant at any cost, so make sure not to let the root rot damage the plant. For this, you have to check the soil’s moisture for proper watering.
- Keep a gap between waterings so that the soil drains properly.
Humidity and Temperature needs
- These plants tend to thrive proficiently if you provide them with a temperature range that lies between 65°F to 80°F.
- As it loves to be in a warm environment, keep in mind to not let the plant receives a temperature less than 55 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The best level of humidity for these plants is around 60 to 80%. Do not let them receive a level of humidity that is less than 60%.
- For improving the level of humidity in your area of philodendron plants you have to do a little investment in the humidifier so that the plant receives good humidity for their growth.
- Philodendron Mamei prefers well-drained soil that is too rich in organic matter.
- Also, you can mix peat moss and sphagnum moss, perlite, and also orchid bark to make a great mixture for the soil to grow well.
- The best pH level for these plants is 5.6-7.5 which is slightly acidic.
- What about the fertilizer requirements of these plants? Yes, these plants like to be fertilized after every four to six weeks. So, make a proper routine of it.
- At the time of spring and summer, make use of balanced fertilizer for your plant to thrive slow release fertilizer will work well for your plants. Feed them after the tenure of 3-6 months.
- Feed your plants with rich soil and in the organic compost such as vermicasts etc which will increase the nutrients in the soil.
- Do not make use of fertilizers is that the plant does not get hurt. Also, making use of over-fertilizer will harm the plant.
Potting & Repotting needs
- These plants thrive well if you provide them with them suitable pot size that is 25 cm in diameter and 25 cm in depth.
- Repotting of this needs to be done after every 1 year. It will let the plant grow to its full potential.
- When you repot the plant, make sure to change the potting mix and add fresh soil to the new container so that the plant grows fuller.
- You have to wash off the excess soil from the root while Randtting and place it in the center. Feed your plant with proper nutrients so that it grows healthy.
- Philodendron Mamei likes to be pruned so that it attains good shape and size and does not look messy by overgrowing.
- Trim the plant from the ground level to the upwards direction by only trimming the affected and some extra foliage.
- To prevent infection in the plant, you have to remove all the decaying leaves from the plant so that it can revive.
- Pruning also helps the plant to emerge new growth in the plant by cutting the few old stems in the plant.
Wrapping up the context
In this guide, you come to know about one of the best plants to grow in your home garden. Folks, I am happy that you read the full guide and finally know the process to grow Philodendron Mamei ‘Silver Cloud’ in your home garden. Still, if there remain any queries or doubts, then you can let me know about it or you can read out the guide again to understand the process. I hope you are doing great in your gardening field. So, see you in the next guide till then safe gardening.
Thanks for reading! Happy gardening!