10+ Blue Perennial Flowers to Grow in Your Backyard
Hey folks! Welcome back!
I hope you are doing great in your gardening field. Along with this, Today I am here with another informative guide that will help you in your gardening field. Are you seeking the best plants to add aromatic colorful vibes to your backyard? If yes, then you are performing great. What about adding blue perennial flowers to your area? Trust me, it will be worth it. Blue Perennial Flowers are one of the glamorous varieties to be grown easily in your yard.
Now, Choose some of the best varieties of Blue Perennial Flowers to grow in your backyard. No worries! I will let you know about the best Blue Perennial Flowers to grow such as Big Blue, Azure Aster, Sweet Romance, Balloon Flowers, and many more explained beautifully in the guide.
So, are you ready to witness the best and most stunning varieties of Blue Perennial Flowers to grow in your backyard, if yes, then let’s begin.
Blue Perennial Flowers to Grow in Your Backyard
Blue Perennial Flowers will add a magical vibe to your backyard by their presence. So, choose the best one for your garden area from the following Blue Perennial Flowers:
- Azure aster
- Stand by me
- Sweet romance
- Balloon flower
- ‘Big Blue’ Sea Holly
- Bird-Bill Dayflower
- Himalayan Blue Poppy
Let’s know about them in more detail:
- It is one of the best blue perennial flowers to grow in your backyard as it will show its amazing foliage at the time of all long in the summer.
- They will begin to sprout at the beginning of fall till the arrival of winter. It is scientifically known as Symphyotrichum oolentangiense.
- Its USDA growing zones are 3-9. You have to provide this plant with a good amount of acidic soil whose pH level is about 5.5-7.5.
- Keep in mind to provide them with a sufficient amount of sunlight for their growth like direct sunlight so that they bloom properly.
‘Stand By Me’ Bush Clematis
- It is one of the famous blue flowering perennials that tend to produce bell-structured blooms in the plant.
- It will cherish you with its flowers at the time of late summer like from May to June.
- It will grow best if you provide them with full sunlight to partial sunlight. Its USDA hardiness zone is 3 to 8.
- Its green foliage will attract everyone to words it and can be used as a support for other plants in the garden.
Sweet Romance (English Lavender)
- You might have grown Lavender earlier in your home garden as it is one of the best varieties of blue flowering perennials to be added to your collection.
- You might confuse this plant with the Russian sage, but its reference will do wonders as it smells like a perfume.
- You can make use of them in bouquets, air fresheners, some essential oils, etc.
- They will attain a height of 12 to 18” high and this plant is deer-resistant plant.
- The balloon flower is scientifically known as Platycodon grandiflorus and is grown at the time of spring when the climate is at its best.
- These types of blue perennial flowers like to grow in warm areas so that they can easily produce balloon-structure buds in the plant.
- It will need loamy soil to grow well but keep in mind not to let the water stand in the plant.
- Also, it will need a good amount of full sunlight to grow well. Its USDA hardiness zone is 3-8.
‘Big Blue’ Sea Holly (Eryngium X Zabelli ‘Big Blue’)
- So, are you ready to add this big blue variety to your collection of blue perennial flowers, if yes, then it’s great. This plant is spiky.
- It tends to produce egg-structured leaves in the plant which is a great source for the pollinators like butterflies, bugs, bees, etc.
- This plant requires a good amount of full sunlight to grow well. You will observe its flowers at the time of summer all along.
- It tends to grow about 2-3 feet high and about 1-2 feet wide. Keep in mind to fulfill their basic needs like good soil, water, sunlight, etc.
- Folks, what about Commelina Dianthifolia? It is called burd bill dayflowers and comes in the best varieties of blue perennial flowers.
- They will feed you with their mouse ears’ structured petals that will look attractive in your area and will bloom from the summer till the early fall.
- They can perform well in the shade but sunlight is also needed for the process of photosynthesis.
- When the morning sunshine touches the plant, it opens it blooms, and vice versa the mid-time. So, growing this variety in your home garden will add a magical appearance to your garden.
- The scientific name of this variety is Hyacinthoides non-scripta which is one of the best blue perennial flowers to grow in your backyard. The fragrance of its flowers will mesmerize you.
- It is also called English bluebell in various places as its flowers look like a bell that tend to produce mild fragrance all around where they are grown.
- They tend to attract pollinators towards them which makes them a good source for the bees butterfloes etc.
- Provide them with a sufficient amount of indirect sunlight and moist soil to grow well. You can grow the bluebells from the bulbs.
- What about Forget-Me-Nots? Have you ever heard of this variety before? If not, then you should add this variety as it is one of the blue perennial flowers.
- It is scientifically known as Myosotis arvensis. It tends to develop dark green colored elaevs in the plant.
- It will begin to bloom in the shade of blue or whitish color at the time of spring.
- Forget Me Not is one of the best varieties that you can add to your home garden as they are low-maintenance plants that are not too demanding when it comes to caring for them.
Himalayan Blue Poppy
- The Himalayan blue poppy is also considered one of the stunning blue perennial flowers that are specifically remembered as Platycodon Grandiflorus.
- Providing your plant with proper care will help you receive a good amount of colored blooms during the time of spring season.
- So, adding this variety to your home garden will add a magical look with its amazing flowers and foliage as well.
- You have to provide them with shade as full sunlight will ruin the growth of the plant. They like to grow in the regions where there is a cool environment.
- It is scientifically known as Hydrangea macrophylla and is one of the amazing Blue Perennial Flowers to grow in your backyard.
- Hydrangea comes in various shades which makes them the best choice for your garden area.
- The color of the hydrangea depends totally on the acidity of the soil you are growing in. so, adding this blue perennial to your garden will provide you various benefits.
- Provide your plant with a good amount of morning sunlight so that it thrives well. They will begin to sprout at the time of the arrival of spring till the end of the summer.
Warpping up the context
In this guide, you come to know that Blue Perennial Flowers are one of the glamorous varieties to be grown easily in your yard. Now, you have to choose some of the best varieties of Blue Perennial Flowers to grow in your backyard.
No worries! I will let you know about the best Blue Perennial Flowers to grow such as Big Blue, Azure Aster, Sweet Romance, Balloon flower, and many more explained beautifully in the guide. So, read the guide fully to understand them well.
Thanks for reading! Happy Gardening!