10+ Evergreen Perennials to Grow in Your Garden
Hey folks!! Welcome back!!
I would like to begin this guide with amazing information regarding the evergreen perennials. Evergreen perennials are one of the perennials that will provide you with both features like evergreen leaves in the plant and also the amazing flowers that will come back the following year in the plant and add a generous look to your home garden.
If you’re wondering what type of evergreen perennials to be added to your home garden, then do not worry as I am here to help you out. I have personally grown some of the varieties of Evergreen perennials that I will share with you all.
So let’s begin to learn about the best Evergreen perennials to grow in your garden to add an eye-catching look to your area.
Evergreen Perennials to Grow in Your Garden
So let’s begin to know about the best and stunning evergreen perennials to grow in your garden. You can choose the best variety as per your requirements. They are as follows:
- Hellebore winterbells
- Erysimum ‘Bowles’s Mauve’
- Helleborus ‘Wintergold’
- Azalea shrubs
- Mountain laurel
- Winter heath
- Creeping Myrtle
Let’s understand them in more detail:
- Dianthus or pinks do require not much care for their growth, so growing this variety of Evergreen Perennials in your area will be a great choice.
- It provides you with its brilliant blooms that are in the shade of pink lighting up the garden area with its presence.
- It produces less foliage than the other flower plants but its five-petaled flower will fulfill the look.
- The plant will return year after year with less or no care, so you can enjoy the benefits of the dazzling plant.
- It is one of the best evergreen perennials that will bloom from the beginning of December till the end of April.
- Its leaves will add a great contrast with the cream-colored petals in the plant.
- At the time of winter will cherish you with its amazing flowers and even the ever-green leaves in the plants.
- So why not add this semi-evergreen Evergreen Best variety to your home garden? Hellebore winter bells are considered a favorite and adorable choice of gardeners.
Erysimum ‘Bowles’s Mauve’
- It is another variety of the evergreen perennials that is semi-evergreen and produces vigorous growth in the flower that contrasts well with the foliage.
- You have to feed this plant with full sunlight so that it becomes a good source for the pollinators.
- It can grow in poor conditions too if you’re not providing them with poor soil. In the time of winter, its foliage will begin to droop.
- So, add this variety to your backyard to enjoy its benefits as it can attain a height of about 0.75 cm long.
- It is another type of evergreen perennial that will suit the best prices to be grown in your home garden as they will add so much value to your garden, especially your winter garden.
- It will bloom all along in the winter season, so it becomes the hero of the season.
- Being a low-maintenance plant, it is everyone’s favorite choice and produces White color blooms in the plant that look amazing with the dark green foliage.
- It is considered as one of the cut flowers, So adding this evergreen perennial would give you great benefits as a winter plant.
- Azalea shrubs are one of the another varieties of evergreen perineal that belong to the rhododendron genus.
- This variety of evergreen perennials will grow about 4 to 5 feet High and same as wide
- To enjoy the benefits of its red-colored blooms with the contrast of dark green-colored foliage, you have to grow this perennial.
- You will observe its red-colored flowers at the time of spring, red-colored foliage at the time of fall, and Last, but not least its evergreen leaves at the time of winter.
- If you are looking to grow, the evergreen foliage plant to be added to your collection of perennials, then you must try Mountain laurel. Its USDA hardiness growing zone is 4-9.
- This shrub will grow about 5 to 12 feet high and 5 to 6 feet wide.
- Provide the plant with a sufficient amount of full sunlight so that it grows healthy or partial shade can also perform well.
- You will observe its large clusters of white colorer flowers at the time of late spring that contrast well with the foliage.
- Winter heath or Erica Carnea is one of the plants that will thrive well in full sunlight and grows about 1 foot high, and 2 feet wide.
- Growing these types of evergreen perennials will fill your garden with its pink-colored flowers.
- So adding this ever Green, perennial as a winter beauty in your garden, will amaze you with the blooms and foliage that contrast well with each other.
- The Leaves of this plant are needle-shaped and like you grow in acidic soil for their amazing growth.
- Another type of evergreen perennial is one of the varieties that spreads fast in your garden area.
- It will grow about 4-8 inches high and will suit as the best groundcover which will look evergreen in your garden.
- It tends to produce star-shaped blooms on the plant in shades of blue.
- It will bloom at the time of spring, so maintain the growth of your plant by feeding them proper moist soil.
- Candytuft is one of the varieties that come in the range of evergreen perennials that grow about 10 inches high and 12 inches wide.
- It will produce white-colored flowers in the plant that will look amazing with lavender-colored tinges on it.
- You have to trim off the old leaves in the plant so that new growth emerges in the plant.
- This plant will grow best if we provide it with full sunlight to partial sunlight. Its USDA hardiness growing zone is 4-8.
- Last but not least, I kept this variety of evergreen perennials for you at last so that you choose this one for your garden area. Bergenias are a deer-resistant plant.
- Bergenia is one of the fantastic plants that grow about 12 to 24 inches high and is considered a low-maintenance plant that is not too demanding when it comes to caring for the plant.
- It tends to produce Lavender pink colored flowers in the plant and will bloom From the departure of winter till the arrival of spring.
- Bergenia produces surrounding foliage in the plant and even its leaves resemble lettuce leaves. So you can easily grow this variety in your home garden and enjoy its benefits.
Wrapping up the context
In this guide, you come to know that Evergreen perennials are one of the perennials that will provide you both features like evergreen leaves in the plant and also the amazing flowers that will come back in the following year in the plant and add a generous look to your home garden. So, read the whole guide for its proper understanding.
Thanks for reading! Happy Gardening!