How to Grow & Care for Monstera Adansonii ‘Laniata’ (2024)
Hey folks!! I hope you are doing well in your gardening field. Have you ever tried to grow Monstera Adansonii ‘Laniata’? If yes, then you should as Monstera Adansonii is one of the famous varieties that is grown by every farmer in their home yard.
It tends to cherish you with its glossy leaves and amazing foliage that looks even more eye-catchy when grown indoors.
Monstera Adansonii ‘Laniata’ is a low-maintenance plant that only demands a good amount of sunlight, water, fertilizer, well-drained potting mix, pruning off the affected places, and many more.
Let’s begin this guide to know How to Grow & Care for Monstera Adansonii ‘Laniata’.
|Swiss Cheese Plant, Monstera Plant
|Water if the top half of the soil is dry
|Every 2 years
|4-12 feet as a houseplant
|10b, 11a, 11b, 12
What is Monstera Adansonii ‘Laniata’?
One of the uncommon plants named Monstera Adansonii ‘Laniata’ is a great addition to yur collection. It has amazing characteristics and has green textured foliage.
Also, its leaves are big. So, why not grow such an appreciable plant in your home garden? Let’s get started.
Growing Monstera Adansonii ‘Laniata’
There are two ways to propagate this plant. Do not worry as it is easy to do so. You have to choose the stem cuttings from the mother plant about 6 inches long and containing 2 nodes. It can be grown in the water and even in the soil. Let’s see the steps:
Step 1- By taking the cuttings from the mother plant, you have to put them in a container.
Step 2- A container should be filled with water.
Step 3- Then, keep it in a location where it receives a warm environment but should be away from the direct sun.
Step 4- You have to change the water after every few days.
Step 1- When growing it in soil, you have to choose a well-drained container with good drainage holes.
Step 2- Put well-drained potting mix into the soil.
Step 3- Make sure to keep the plant moist and in a warm environment to thrive.
Step 4- Then, you will observe roots from the cuttings after the tenure of one month or long.
Step 5- It will be grown 3-4 inches long, then you have to put the cuttings in the container.
Step 6- Last but not least, you have to maintain the plant by doing proper care of it.
Caring for Monstera Adansonii ‘Laniata’
Caring for your plant is not a difficult task to do so especially when it comes to a low-maintenance plant. Monstera Adansonii tends to thrive in bright sunlight, well-drained soil mix, high humidity levels, etc. We are here with some of the easiest caring tips for your plant to thrive well:
- Humidity and temperature
Let’s know about all of these caring tips in detail:
- Monstera Adansonii tends to thrive in indirect sunlight for its growth.
- When this plant receives full sun, then it scorches its leaves, and the plant gets damaged.
- Keeping your plant in the east-facing windows will be good, especially in the time of morning.
- Last but not least, you have to keep rotating your plant so that it receives equal sunlight in all parts.
- Also, when you plant other plants with this variety and use artificial light, then keep away your monstera plant from it.
- Another need of the Monstera Adansonii is to receive plenty of water but not in excess as it will be bad for the plant.
- It is important to water the Monstera Adansonii when the topsoil of the plant becomes dry. Keep the gap between waterings so that the soil does not get soggy.
- Make sure to remove the standing water from the saucer as it is not good for the plants.
- Water these plants 2-3 times a week at the beginning of their growing period.
Humidity and temperature needs
- These plants like to be in the temperature range of 61-82°F. You must feed them with proper care when it comes to the temperature level.
- You have to keep your plant outdoors in the summertime so that the plant temperature remains maintained.
- As these plants like to be in a humid environment, feeding them with high humidity like between 60-90% will let your plant grow at a faster pace than before.
- You have to keep misting your plant more often in a week so that the plant remains moist. Make use of distilled water to do so.
- By keeping all the plants together, you have to make use of a humidifier so that the plant gets enough humidity for its growth.
- Monstera Adansonii prefers well-drained soil that is rich in nutrients.
- Make sure the soil does not get wet for long as it can cause root rot in the plant.
- The ideal pH level for these plants will be 5-7.5 which is slightly acidic.
- It is suggested to even make use of your potting mix by mixing perlite, peat moss or sphagnum moss, bark, etc. It will act as a organic compost for your plants.
- Fertilization is important for plants to grow at a faster pace than before.
- You can make use of a balanced fertilizer for your plant that has a ratio of 10-10-10.
- When you use the liquid fertilizer for your plant, then it is suggested to dilute the mixture with water so that it distributes equally in the roots.
- Make sure not to apply the fertilizer when the potting mix of the plant is dry because it will get wasted.
Potting & Repotting
- Monstera Adansonii ‘Laniata’ likes to be repotted when the plants overgrow their roots and are coming out from the pot.
- Repotting of Monstera Adansonii ‘Laniata’ needs to be done after every 1-2 years.
- As you know when the plant is repotted, then some plants want a bigger size of pot than before, but this plant does not need that, you can choose the size of the pot as before just 2 inches larger than that.
- Keep in mind that it should have good drainage holes so that the excess water drains out.
- You have to use fresh potting mix in the new container.
- Last but not least, another need of the Monstera Adansonii ‘Laniata’ is the pruning of the plant.
- It is more important for this plant as it is a super-growing plant that tends to produce uncontrollable foliage. So, you have to remove all the dead leaves from the plant.
- Trim off the plant at the time of summer and spring when the plant is growing actively so that it stops developing affected yellow-colored leaves in the plant.
- You have to use sharp and sterilized scissors or knives for your plant to grow well.
Wrapping up the context
In this guide, you come to know about the best plant named Monstera Adansonii ‘Laniata’. Monstera Adansonii is one of the attractive plants that steals everyone’s attention towards them and is adored by all, especially when it comes to its foliage.
I hope you are clear with the process of growing Monstera Adansonii ‘Laniata’ in your home garden as it is the easiest to grow. If not, then also you can read out the whole guide to understand it properly.
Thanks for reading! Happy gardening!