Epipremnum Pinnatum Marble: Care Guide To Follow 2024
Hey folks! Welcome back!
I hope you are doing great in your gardening field. Today I am here with an informative guide for you that will help you in your gardening field. Guys if you are an indoor plant enthusiast, then you can add an amazing plant to your collection. So are you ready to know more information about it if yes, then you should know that as an indoor plant enthusiast, you can add an amazing plant to your collection.
So are you ready to know more information about it if yes, then you should know that Epipremnum Pinnatum Marble is that indoor plant that is famous for its foliage. This house plant will feed you with its fantastic beauty and it is also considered as the hottest house plant and also known as marble king pothos.
So let’s get started to throw some light on all the segments so that you come to know about the caring guide for Epipremnum Pinnatum Marble like Epipremnum Pinnataum Albo.
What Is Epipremnum Pinnatum Marble?
Epipremnum Pinnatum Marble is also famous by another name, Marble King Pothos. It is one of the variegated cultivars that is every farmer’s favorite choice to grow in the home garden. It tends to produce narrow leaves in the plant.
Its cascading vines will add a beautiful addition as the hanging plant in your home garden. its foliage is unique some of its leaves are white and cream-colored.
You can even grow them on the trellis. Last, but not least, doing this popular variety in your home garden will feed you with beneficial results.
How to Care for Epipremnum Pinnatum Marble?
To maintain the growth of the plant, you have to look after the plant so that it remains healthy and feeds you with the desired results.
The same is the case with the Epipremnum Pinnatum Marble. Below are the caring points that will help you in the maintenance of the plant. They are as follows:
- Sunlight needs
- Soil needs
- Watering needs
- Temperature needs
- Humidity needs
- Fertilizer needs
- Repotting needs
Let’s move further to know about them in detail:
- This plant requires a good amount of bright, but indirect sunlight for its growth.
- All you need to maintain the growth of the plant. So you have to provide the plant with sunlight so that the texture of the leaves remains maintained.
- Place the pothos in the location of East facing window where they can receive sunlight, but keep them 2 to 3 feet away from the window.
- Last but not least, keep the plant away from direct sunlight as it will burn the leaves of the plant.
- Soil is the medium through which the plant grows healthy, so it is suggested to provide well-drained soil to your plant.
- Also, you can make your potting mix by combining equal parts of perlite, orchid bark, and organic, potting soil.
- Soil needs to provide good nutrients to the plant so you can add worm castings to the plant.
- It will also help in improving the drainage of the soil and let the plant grow freely.
- This variety requires water when the top of the soil becomes dry. Check the moisture by inserting your finger inside the soil about 2 inches deep.
- If it feels try to touch, then you have to water the plant whereas if it is still moist, then there is no requirement to water the plant.
- Be cautious while watering as over-watering will lead to brown-colored spots on the plant leaves.
- This plant does not demand strict watering, you have to water the plant when it’s hungry.
- Epipremnum Pinnatum Marble will grow well if you provide the plant with the ideal range of temperature that lies between 65°F and 85°F (18°C to 29°C).
- You have to keep in mind that the temperature should not go down 65°F as it will put the plant in the struggling phase to grow.
- Also, you have to look after if there are cold drafts so that you can keep your plant in a safer place, otherwise, the plant will be disturbed.
- The ideal level of humidity required by this plant lies between 60% to 80%. This plant likes to grow in a high level of humidity.
- If the air is dry, then the leaves will become brown and crisp from the edges.
- The plant will become more prone to spider mites, which is not good for the growth of the plant.
- So to increase the level of humidity in the plant, you have to keep a tray that is filled with water under the plant.
- Last, but not least, at the time of very low humidity, you can make use of a humidifier for raising the level of humidity in the plants.
- This plant is not too demanding when it comes to the requirement of fertilizer.
- So you have to apply the fertilizer one time so that the plant grows vigorously in your home garden.
- You have to feed them with a balanced and organic fertilizer that should not harm the growth of the plant.
- This plant requires some support so that its long leaves grow well in the garden.
- So to provide the support, you can make use of a trellis. It will help in growing the lush leaves in the plant gently.
- As I mentioned this plant will grow. Slowly add space so it is required to be repotted after every three years.
- You can choose a bigger container for your plant that should be 2 inches bigger than the previous one so that the roots adjust their properly.
- Your container should contain a good amount of drainage holes.
How to Propagate Epipremnum Pinnatum Marble?
As mentioned propagation of Epipremnum Pinnatum Marble can be done easily, so let’s know the procedure of doing so.
After growing the Epipremnum Pinnatum Marble in your garden, you can take advantage of the most flavorful plant. Follow the below steps:
Step 1- First, you are required to cut the stem of Epipremnum Pinnatum Marble leaves from the parent plant (3 inches).
Step 2- Now, attach that basil stem(cutting) to any glass of water.
Step 3- Choose the place where your cutting will receive indirect sunlight. Place them there.
Step 4- By having a check on whether the roots are coming from or not, you have to change the water every day so that no disease can take place.
Step 5- When you see the roots are coming, this will take a few weeks.
Step 6- Then you have to our the Epipremnum Pinnatum Marble cutting in the soil.
Step 7- Last but not least, take proper care of them so that they grow at their best and give you the desired outcome. Water them regularly unless they get fully matured.
This is how you are done with the process of growing the Epipremnum Pinnatum Marble from cuttings.
3 Common Epipremnum Pinnatum Marble Problems
Below are some of the common problems that are affected by the Epipremnum Pinnatum Marble. They are as follows:
- Pests are a common problem that is faced by every plant and the same is the case with this plant.
- Some of the pests like mealybugs, spider mites, and thrips will come to the plant to circuit fluid from the leaves and satisfy their hunger.
- So save your foliage by wiping the leaves with rubbing alcohol frequently.
- Also, prune off the damaged leaves from the plant if there are thrips in the plant.
- You can also make use of pesticides for spraying on the leaves so that the problem of the pests gets removed.
- Browning of leaves in the plant is another common problem that is faced by this plant.
- It is a symptom that shows that the plant is suffering from low humidity, oversupply of water, sunburn, etc.
- So, water the plant moderately and provide the plant with a good level of humidity.
Loss Of Variegation
- Last, but not least the other common problem that is faced by the marble king pothos is its loss of variegation.
- But why, so? it happens because of the less supply of sunlight to the plant.
- So you have to keep in mind that you have to provide your plant with a good amount of pride, but indirect sunlight so that it thrives well.
- Direct exposure to sunlight will harm the growth of the plant so keep in mind to avoid it.
Wrapping up the Context
In this guide, you come to know that Epipremnum Pinnatum Marble is also famous by another name, Marble King Pothos. It is one of the variegated cultivars that is every farmer’s favorite choice to grow in the home garden. It tends to produce narrow leaves in the plant.
Its cascading vines will add a beautiful addition as the hanging plant in your home garden. its foliage is unique some of its leaves are white and cream-colored. You can even grow them on the trellis. Last, but not least, doing this popular variety in your home garden will feed you with beneficial results. Read the whole guide for its proper understanding. I hope you are clear with the guide.
Thanks for reading! Happy Gardening!
Is epipremnum pinnatum easy to care for?
Yes, this plant is easy to care plant. Be a beginner, you can grow this variety, especially in the hanging basket. If you want to see its mature leaves.
Is epipremnum pinnatum marble rare?
Yes, this variety is a rare variety that will not be found easily in your area.
Does Epipremnum need sunlight?
Every plant requires sunlight to grow well, and these pothos also require bright indirect sunlight to partial shade so that they grow at their best. As you know it is grown as a house plan so you have to place it in the location in the west-facing room where it can receive sunlight.
Is epipremnum pinnatum fast-growing?
Yes, this variety is considered the fastest-growing plant in your area. If you will provide the plant with the requirements like light, water, humidty, etc then you will see amazing results in the plant.
When should I water my Epipremnum?
You have to water the plant when the top inches of the soil in the plant becomes dry. You have to check the moisture of the soil by inserting a finger inside the soil. If it is dry to the touch, then is the right time to water the plant. If it is still moist, then there is no need to water the plant. So, the moisture level in the plant matters a lot when it comes to watering the plant.