Drought-tolerant perennials: 12+ Drought-tolerant perennials to grow in your garden
Living in a location where the availability of water is less or you are a person who does not remember to water the flower consistently. If you still want to grow flowers in your garden, then I am here to guide you about the many drought-tolerant perennials you can grow in dry climates and minimal watering conditions.
Let’s begin to learn them
Drought-tolerant perennials grow in drought areas and these flowers are well known for their heat-tolerant qualities. These flowers bloom in different colors and sizes and look very beautiful when they bloom in the garden. These flowers are well known for their vibrancy and are a new addition to the garden.
Drought-tolerant perennial grows well in summer as these flowers need a drought to kick in to bloom and these flowers come back even through dry weather and dry climate conditions. These flowers are very attractive and many gardeners love to grow these flowers as these flowers add elegance and beauty to the garden. Drought flowers are well known for their colors and these flowers are grown well in drought areas
Here are some of drought-tolerant perennials some of them are as follows:-
- purple coneflowers’
- Globe thistle
- Lamps ear
- Mojave sage
- Pineleaf pensteamon
- Blanket flower
- Russian sage
- Sea thrift
- Amsonia is also well known as the Amsonia militia.
- This flower grows in full sun and needs well-drained soil.
- These flowers need a cluster of sky-blue flowers in late spring.
- In autumn this foliage turns brilliantly in the shade of gold.
- This flower grows well in zone 3 to 9 and grows up to 2 feet tall
- This flower grows up to 4 feet tall and grows in full sun and well-drained soil.
- This flower grows in zones of 3 to 9.
- This flower grows well in summer and produces tones of pinkish-purple blooms.
- These flowers are also used for bouquets and even attract many butterflies and insects.
- This flower is known as Echinops blue globe and grows in full sun.
- Drought-tolerant perennials need drained soil.
- Globe thistle grows up to 4 feet and in the zone of 4 to 9.
- This flower is a metallic blue flower.
- These blossoms are perfect for dying and use in crafts and other dry projects.
- Lamps ear is known as Stachysbyzantina.
- This flower grows well in full sun and needs well-drained soil.
- Lamp ear grows up to 18 feet tall and grows in zones of 4 to 8.
- This flower grows well in ground cover and has soft fuzzy leaves.
- This flower is drought tolerant and grows well in drought areas.
- This flower is known as Lavandula angustifolia,
- The Drought tolerant perennials grow in full sun and need well-drained soil.
- This flower grows upto three feet tall perennial flowers and blooms in zone 5 to 8 .
- This lavender flower smells amazing when it blooms and even looks very attractive and beautiful when it grows.
- This flower is in purple color and blooms very beautifully.
- This is one of the most beautiful flowers that blooms in well-draining soil and needs full sun to grow.
- The Drought-tolerant perennials flower is known as Salvia Pachyphylia.
- This flower grows up to 3 feet tall at a zone of 5 to 9.
- This flower produces a pink bloom and looks very beautiful from summer well into fall. Even we can enjoy drought-resistant flowers in every season.
- The drought-tolerant perennials flower blooms in summer.
- These flowers are brightly shaped like yellow and red as most of the blanket flower offers excellent hardiness.
- This flower grows up to 2 feet tall and needs fun sun and grows in fully drained soil.
- The flower grows in zones 3 to 8.
- This flower grows well in drought areas.
- it is a drought-tolerant perennial as many pests, rabbits, and deer won’t touch it.
- This flower comes in several colors including yellow, red, orange, red, pink, and white bloom. So it depends on the gardener which flower he wants to bloom.
- The flower grows up to 3 feet tall and needs full sun and grow in fully drained soil.
PINELEAF PINESTEMON :
- These flowers are semi-evergreen penstemon that blooms every summer.
- These flowers grow well in full sun and need well-drained soil.
- These flowers grow in the zones of 4 to 10 and grow up to 18 inches tall.
- The pine leaf pinestemon flower attracts butterflies and hummingbirds as they love this flower
- This flower is beautifully used in bouquets and other flower decorations.
- Pineleaf is also known as Penstemon Pinifolius.
- This flower needs full sun and grows in fully drained soil even if it grows up to 18 inches tall.
- This flower is also known as the Agastache variety.
- This flower needs full sun and well-drained soil and grows up to 3 feet tall.
- Agastache grows at the zone of 5 to 10.
- The flower comes in different colorful varieties.
- This flower has yellow blooms and pink and lavender tints which attract butterflies and hummingbirds.
- Sedum is known as sedum autumn joy and these flowers need well-drained soil.
- These Drought-tolerant perennials grow in full sun.
- This flower grows up to 18 inches at zones of 3 to 9.
- Hundreds of sedums are available and have beautifully variegated foliage.
- The succulent leaves help sedum to hold the water on any dry spells.
- This flower is known as Perovskia atriplicifolia.
- These flowers grow well in full sun and need well-drained soil.
- These Drought-tolerant perennials grow upto 6 feet tall at zones of 5 to 9.
- This flower is one of the toughest flowers to grow.
- These flowers are purple and violet in color and need only drought and heat-resistant areas.
Beeblossom (Gaura lindheimeri):
- The bee blossoms are native to Texas and Louisiana.
- They contain delicate, airy flowers that look similar to butterflies floating.
- The bee blossoms are also called Whirling Butterflies.
- They do grow best in dry, hot locations and do blooms in early summer.
- They are able to grow up to 2-4 feet tall having clusters of arching stems having flowers on each stem.
- The bee blossoms grow best in the hardiness zone of 5-9.
- Need full sun to grow quicker and healthier.
- They thrive best in Drought, heat, humidity, poor soil, and partial shade-tolerant
- The plant does come under deer and rabbit-resistant plants.
- They are able to attract hummingbirds, bees, and butterflies.
Sea Thrift (Armeria maritima):
- The sea thrift does contain a rounded cluster of bright pink flowers that bloom above the foliage of the plant.
- They do bloom from mid-spring into summer.
- The sea thrift is grass-like that are able to grow up to 6-12 inches tall.
- These plants come under the low-maintenance category.
- The sea thrift grows best in the hardiness zone of 3-9.
- You need to provide the plant with full sunlight to get positive results.
- They come under deer-resistant plants.
- The flowers of the plant are able to attract butterflies and bees.
Wormwood (Artemisia schmidtiana):
- If you want to add more pretty flowers to your garden then planting wormwood is a good option for it.
- They do form soft silvery leaves that further short branches having fuzzy antlers.
- Adding this flower will add color to your garden and ass texture contrast.
- They are best grown in dry climates, tolerate poor soil, and are able to survive in drought climates.
- This drought-tolerant perennial plant is able to reach an average height of 3-6 inches tall.
- The plants grow best in the hardiness zone from 4-8.
- They do grow best in full sun.
- The plant does come under-rabbit and deer-resistant plants.
Drought-tolerant flowers are beautiful and look very elegant and provide charm and elegance to the garden. These flowers are well grown in drought areas and need a hot climate or summer season to grow well. These plants don’t need as much water as compared to other flowers as they need less water and maintenance. Drought-tolerant flowers grow well in drought and bloom in various colors with different soil and full sunlight as these flowers need light to bloom. These flowers grow and add more beauty to the garden.