Bathroom Plants: 20+ Humidity-loving Indoor Bathroom Plants
Hey folks!! Welcome back!!!
Being a houseplant Gardner, you know it is somehow difficult to choose the best plants for your indoor garden as there is less space because you have already grown plants in your living room, kitchen, and bedroom, but you want to grow more and more houseplants.
So why not grow a bathroom as there are various humidity-loving indoor bathroom plants added to your collection? The bathroom is a humid place so various plants will grow well there.
So choosing the right options. Keep in mind that plants love high humidity, temperature, and light. So, let’s get started to know about the humidity-loving indoor bathroom plants.
20+ Humidity-loving Indoor Bathroom Plants
So, it is time to know about the best humidity-loving indoor bathroom plants that will thrive well in your area and amaze you with the results.
- Peace lily
- Snake plant
- Spider plant
- Nerve plant
- Chinese money plant
- African violet
- Chinese Evergreen
- Flamingo flower
- Begonia family plant
- Air plants
Let’s know about them in detail:
Croton (Codiaeum variegatum)
- Croton is one of the famous varieties that fall in the category of humidity-loving indoor bathroom plants.
- It has bright foliage and produces multi-coloured leaves in the plant so it would be a great choice for a bathroom area.
- It tends to grow about 6 feet high and 3 feet wide, so make sure to give it some space in your bathroom area.
- You have to water the plant when the top inches of the soil becomes dry, make sure not to water the plants in the time of winter.
Dieffenbachia (Dieffenbachia spp.)
- Another variety that will grow well in your bathroom area as they are Humidity-loving Indoor Bathroom Plants with less care is Dieffenbachia. They require water when the soil becomes dry.
- Feed them with light at the time of winter. They will suit best the humidity level in indoor bathroom plants.
- Make sure not to expose the plant to the children as it is toxic for them.
- This plant requires a well-drained and loose potting mix for its growth and produces greenish color foliage in the plant that looks attractive.
Ferns (Various genera)
- What about ferns? They reproduce through spores instead of flowers and seeds and belong to the shade-loving plants.
- There is one of the great house plants that will suit your bathroom best as their humidity-loving indoor bathroom plants.
- Some of its varieties including Boston fern, Birdsnest fern, and button fern can be grown easily in your bathroom area.
- Feed your plant with a well-drained soil mix so that it thrives well. Some of its color varieties include light green color to dark green color that depending on the species.
Gardenia (Gardenia jasminoides)
- Gardenia is one of the humidity-loving indoor bathroom plants which is also known as cape Jasmine.
- It tends to produce brown leaves and white-colored flowers in the plants and the indoor space because it dislikes the cold drafts
- As they like to grow in humid spaces, so bathroom would be a great choice for them.
- They tend to grow about 6 feet high, but you have to trim the plant seasonally so that it can maintain its shape and size.
- Bamboo is another type of humidity-loving indoor bathroom plants that will grow well in containers as it will let its size controlled.
- Bamboo is known for its invasive growth when you plant them in the garden area, so planting them in the containers in the bathroom will also help them grow large.
- You have to repot the plant every year. Its foliage comes in the shade of dark green which looks eye catchy.
- You have to feed the plant with diluted fertilizer when it grows which is high in nitrogen so that the plant grows well.
Peace Lily (Spathiphyllum spp.)
- Peace lilies are one of the popular plants grown by every farmer as it has no demands when it comes to maintaining the plant.
- It will suit best as it is humidity-loving indoor bathroom plants, all you need is to water them frequently so that they grow properly.
- Make sure you are letting the soil dry for a long as it can harm the plant growth. For best results, you will observe its white-colored flowers in your bathroom.
- Also, let it receive some bright filtered sunlight in the day and use a fertilizer for your plant so that it grows well.
Philodendron (Philodendron spp.)
- Philodendron is one of the tropical plants that will grow well in the bathroom area and requires bright indirect sunlight for its growth.
- They are in love with the humidity so planting in the bathroom area would be great for your area.
- If you water the plant more or less, then you will observe that the plant leaves are drooping which is not good for the plant.
- You have to keep the soil moist to grow well. So, they are the best humidity-loving indoor bathroom plants.
- The snake plant is one of the humidity-loving indoor bathroom plants that will thrive well in low sunlight.
- So, adding them to your garden area will be great as it will only receive natural low sunlight.
- Water them very little as overwater will harm the plant’s growth. It will develop yellowing in the snake plant. Being a beginner, it would be great to add the plant to your bathroom area collection.
- Keep the plant fuller by feeding it with its basic requirements like low sunlight, good level of humidity, etc.
- Spider plants sis scientifically known as Chlorophytum comosum are not difficult to grow as all they need is a good level of humidity which will be received by them in the bathroom area.
- So, it is the best choice as they are the humidity-loving indoor bathroom plants. They will even look great if you plant them in the hanging baskets.
- They are one of the easiest plants to grow as they require minimal water for their growth and require very little sunlight to grow.
- You can plant them over a vanity or even behind the toilet if there is less space on the shelf area.
- Nerve plants also known as Fittonia plants fall in the category of humidity-loving indoor bathroom plants.
- They like a good level of humidity, warm conditions, and a good amount of sunlight for their growth.
- You have to keep the soil lightly moist so that it thrives well and also keep misting the plant with water so that the level of humidity remains maintained.
- Additionally, pinch off the stems for a dense look on the plant so that your bathroom area looks good.
Chinese money plants
- The Chinese money plant is best known for its ornamental features. It is scientifically known as Pilea peperomioides.
- It would be added to your bathroom area as a magical plant with coin-shaped leaves that will look attractive.
- It will not only provide a beautiful look to your area but also the environment will be sooting by planting this variety in the bathroom area.
- Lastly, you will observe its blooms at the time of spring. They love to grow in the humidity so they are also one of the humidity-loving indoor bathroom plants.
- Azalea will grow well in warm conditions and humid areas that are bathroom areas will suit them best. Yes, it’s right.
- All you have to do is to provide your plant with sufficient nutrients for its growth so that it attains a height of 3-20 feet tall and wide.
- It will bloom at the time of early springtime. Also, when there is steam in the bathroom area the plant grows well.
- Morning sunshine would be great for the plants and even the well-drained soil. They love to grow in the humidity so they are also one of the humidity-loving indoor bathroom plants.
- Folks, what about African violets as bathroom plants? Do you know it is one of the little bloomers that will be a perfect choice for your bathroom as it will add color to it?
- It tends to thrive in good levels of humidity and moist soil for its growth. You have to water the plants at the base level as when it waters on the leaves the leaves turn brown.
- They will grow well if you provide them with bright indirect sunlight. Feed them with good sunlight so that it keeps their leaves green. They love to grow in the humidity so they are also one of the humidity-loving indoor bathroom plants.
- Otherwise, if there is too much sunlight, then it will fade the color of the leaves. So, it is the best choice as it is a humidity-loving indoor bathroom plant.
Chinese Evergreen (Aglaonema spp.)
- Chinese evergreen is one of those plants that comprises 20 species or more and that belong to the Aglaonema genus.
- It is a tropical perennial that tends to produce large-shaped leaves in the plant and is drought-resistant. They love to grow in the humidity so they are also one of the humidity-loving indoor bathroom plants.
- They are in love with the humidity and even can bear the dry conditions sometimes, but make sure to keep them away from the cold drafts as it will harm the plant’s growth.
- Lastly, it will grow about 4 feet high depending on the variety you have grown in your bathroom area.
- Orchids are one of the famous choices that is loved by every farmer. Placing them in your bathroom area would be a great choice.
- Provide your orchids with some sunlight so that they can grow well. It comes in shades of Pink, red, purple, and white that look stunning.
- Make sure you’re not exposing them to the cold as it will ruin the plant. They love to grow in the humidity so they are also one of the humidity-loving indoor bathroom plants.
- The colorful orchids look so stunning in your bathroom area that you have to maintain them by feeding them with water two times a week so that they grow well.
- Flamingo flower is one of those varieties that will add color to your bathroom area which will look attractive.
- These humidity-loving indoor bathroom plants will do well if you provide them with well-drained acidic soil.
- It will cherish you with its cheerful and beautiful flowers in all seasons when the weather conditions are good.
- Its growing zone is 11 to 12 and this plant grows up to 12 to 18 inches high and 9 to 12 inches wide.
Begonia family plant (Begoniaceae)
- Begonia is one of the indoor plants that like to thrive well in the bathroom area as they like to remain humid. They love to grow in the humidity so they are also one of the humidity-loving indoor bathroom plants.
- They can not bear the cold drafts as their leaves get destroyed, so providing them with good warmth is important.
- It tends to produce blooms at the time of summer till it frost. It will help your bathroom to look attractive and produce a mild fragrance in it with its blooms.
- The hardiness zone of this plant is 8 to 11. It will grow about 12-18 inches high and even wide.
- If you’re looking to add fun plants to the bathroom area, then why not go for Air plants? They love to grow in the humidity so they are also one of the humidity-loving indoor bathroom plants.
- Air plants are one of the low-growing plants that can be easily in a bathroom area. Its hardiness growing zone is 10 to 12.
- It will grow Up to 18 inches high and 2 to 9 inches wide. They will try well if you provide them with humid conditions, such as the bathroom area.
- When there is some sunshine outside, you can place the plant near the window so that it receives light and grows well.
- Bromeliad is another type of humidity-loving indoor bathroom plant that produces bright-colored foliage in the plant.
- Being a tropical plant, it will require more moisture as compared to other plants for its growth
- It is also considered an ornamental plant as they are easy to grow and maintain in your bathroom area.
- Also, many varieties of Bromeliad plants can be grown in your bathroom area and it will add elegance to your area.
- Last, but not least Monstera is one of the low-maintenance plants that will be grown easily in your bathroom.
- It is another type of humidity-loving indoor bathroom plant that will fill your bathroom area with its great magic
- This plant likes to thrive in bright, filtered sunlight, and on pebble, trays to increase the humidity in the plant.
- This small plant would be a great choice for your bathroom as it is one of the fastest growers.
Wrapping up the context
In this guide, you come to know that Being a houseplant Gardner, you know it is somehow difficult to choose the best plants for your indoor garden as there is less space because you have already grown plants in your living room, kitchen, and bedroom, but you want to grow more and more houseplants.
So why not grow a bathroom as there are various humidity-loving indoor bathroom plants added to your collection? The bathroom is a humid place so various plants will grow well there. Till then safe gardening.
Thanks for reading! Happy gardening!